is not easy to talk about Simón Bolívar. But I will dare. Last Thursday, June 26, 2008, I wrote to several of my friends (over 30) requesting an opinion on Simon Bolivar. To date I have not had a single response. (1:45 PM). But I'll tell you one of the most pleasant and great experiences I had in this life.
I had the great fortune to know personally a great man, Don Alfredo Boulton. His mere presence was already amazing, awesome. His voice strong and slow, perhaps because of the years lived, was pleasant but with character.
The purpose of this meeting is irrelevant. What was important was the opportunity to have one of the conversations more lively and thought I'd ever experienced. And all this due to a concern that I have always had: I asked Don Alfredo, "Where was Simon Bolivar on April 19, 1810?, And does not appear, that famous day in the events that led to Captain Emparan to renounce his mandate. And I can say with all sincerity, only two people in this country have responded to my question. The other man was my teacher of history at the University of Venezuela, if I remember correctly, his name was Fermin Vasquez, an encyclopedia of Venezuela in person.
This first encounter with Don Alfredo Boulton was held in 1984. And of course, that conversation forced me to continue work on the life of Bolivar.
Since then, I became a regular visitor to the Museum Boulton. I took my children there, and some other friends college, especially when we had to investigate something about the history of Venezuela.
And I was able to get my hands on Bolivar's original letters and other documents of that time when Venezuela began to make great demonstrations of independence. Thanks to this "friendship" with Don Alfredo, director of the museum was for me that deference, plus he was also a big fan of history. And who does not! having on hand an entire museum full of our history.
And Don Alfredo Boulton spent much of his life to travel the world following the steps of Bolivar. There was no city or town, or whatever you want to call, there was Don Alfredo Simón Bolívar was visited if there. To be clear, wherever he had passed Bolívar, Don Alfredo was there. Following in his footsteps, retrieving any document or object that has belonged to Bolivar.
As I would have liked to have that opportunity, to travel the roads of Bolivar, seeking their experiences and life itself!
With this introduction I want to tell all my friends, that if there was anyone qualified to speak of Bolivar, that was Don Alfredo Boulton.
remember on one occasion I had to run a talk to the sales force of a great editorial from which I belonged, and she said ... "Bolivar, the greatest man who has given birth to this earth ..." And they think, after Jesus Christ.
People of Mexico and Ecuador who were invited, at the time, in our company, approached me at the end of the day's program and wanted to inquire about my concept of Bolivar. And I'm sure they were convinced of my conviction. I think that Mexicans were more skeptical, but still had no arguments to refute my views.
Unfortunately, only we were taught in school, military and warlike Bolivar. But that's only part of the great Bolivar. And of course a very important part, it is necessary to know the events that Bolívar had to live to fight for the independence of our America. Bolivar has been and continues being AMERICAN MAN. Today, more than 170 years after his death, there has been no American man in the world that have affected their greatness. Often compared with the likes of Alexander the Great, Hannibal, Julius Caesar, Da Vinci, Cervantes, etc., these characters have passed into history of our world by the great deeds accomplished. So is Bolivar. What made our america Bolivar did not anyone else. Bolivar was looking for an example of what human greatness . More than 200 years after his birth is still in force its presence in history. The meaning of life more than ever is fresh and current. The greatest ambition of Bolivar was able to give the greatest effort of his life to lead his country the greatest goal of greatness: FREEDOM
Simón Bolívar, the most prominent man of continental importance. Bolívar, the highest representation that America has the highest human ideals. This is the biggest part of Bolívar, his humanity and to know a little of this part of Bolívar only just read "MY RAVE ON CHIMBORAZO" or "the oath on the sacred mountain, to feel, first in his words and then with the facts, the humanitarian and human greatness of this unique specimen born in Venezuela, in OUR VENEZUELA.
Who would not want to emulate a man like Bolivar?
human activity, whatever their area, action and development, aims at overcoming their best values.
excellence in serving and being useful, are the goals of any management of any order.
"HE HAPPENED TO ALL THE MEN IN ME BECAUSE HE FORTUNA HIGH ON THE HEAD OF ALL"
Simón Bolívar. My Delirium on Chimborazo.
0 comments:
Post a Comment