Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pregnant With Twins But Bled

40 YEARS ...

Yesterday
Saturday November 15, 2008 a group of friends we celebrated 40 years of friendship. 40. Is said quickly, but, how many experiences we have lived? A lifetime!
We met in October 1968. I had just turned 17. It was a Monday. Classes began, was the first day of school.
remember the previous day, my mother came to me at the house of one of my aunts, where I was living, and did not want to move to the new development where my mother had bought an apartment. But he said: "Classes start tomorrow. We have to go to fix your stuff." But as much as I resisted the order of my mother, I had to.
I got up this morning and I can tell you that the cold was too strong. With the new High School uniform shirt and khaki pants, and black tie, and a sweater and a jacket over my sister and I to begin a new stage in our lives. Did not know anyone. We arrived and stood in front of the Lyceum to wait to give the time of entry. We were approached by a girl who was also in the same conditions (I knew no one), her name was Zoe. We talked a little, she even lived on the estate. Came from afar. Then we were approached by a boy named Gustavo Mendez. Tambiérn came from afar, if I remember correctly, came from Santa Monica. Poor. With that in Caricuao cold it was, the poor thing was almost purple. It's time for the input. We search the lists of 3rd year and my sister was in another section. The guys I met at the entrance were in my section. We sat in alphabetical order. From A to Z.
Over the day, little by little I got to know members of my sección.En breaks, we always got together Zoe, Gustavo and me. Zoe could not stand the idea of \u200b\u200bstudying so far from home. Gustavo was like more resigned, and I reject my new situation internally. Accustomed to certain comforts and missing my friends objected to this new change. But man has the gift to suit any circumstance and little by little I was convinced of our current reality. Then I met Franklin Escalona, \u200b\u200bhe sat before me, came from La Guaira. Zoe did not resist and went a few days. Then I met Samuel and his sister Carmen Serra Zulay. Carmen Zulay introduced me to Dorelys. Today I try to remind members of my section and I find it difficult, but I will name those who remember: Colman brothers, David and Rene, Ernesto Caceres, Rafael Nail, Deyanira Hernandez, Mirta Castillo, Hector Carrillo, Armando Parra Alexis Rivero Nestor Rivero, Marlene the fat, Elsy Berroeta, Juan Caraballo, Maria Auxiliadora Pacheco, Samaria, Yolanda Mendez, among others. Oh, and as I ever forget? The following month, ie November 1968, I met the great love of my life: Silma Columbus. Almost all approve the 3rd year of high school, we spent the 4th year and friendships were growing. For reasons that are beside the point I dropped out mid-year, but always kept in touch with all my colleagues and friends. He attended the Liceo sports exchanges, in some cases participated. I accompanied my sister on the day of graduation and any party or gathering which featured, it was always invited. Then came the university. This new era brought about the alienation of many friends, but any excuse was good to meet and know everyone. And of course, one of the meeting was still my home.
Back to 3rd year, I met two people who did not study with us, but they formed the first group of friends and Hildefonzo Leo Soto Diaz. Leo was a friend of Dorelys and therefore met Leo Samuel, who if I studied with me. Hildefonzo studying 2nd year but chasing one of our friends joined our group.
So, little by little, he was forming a group of friends to this day maintain that friendship over any dispute to be of any type.
At the beginning of 2008, we began to think about re-organizing a wonderful meeting and who turned 40 years of FRIENDSHIP. October 1968 to November 2008. We set out to contact and invite as many people as possible. And we did. At first we met Carmen Zulay, Mirta, Franklin and Me. Then we were joined by Leo Viloria. The first list was 47 people. Some are living outside Venezuela as in the case of Dorelys, Leman Malave and Alexis Rivero. I contacted Alexis Rivero and this idea caused him great nostalgia and unfortunately could not be present alongside great friends of a lifetime. Others are out of Caracas, living in the interior of Venezuela. But we got a majority. Only one girl, Maria Auxiliadora Pacheco could not be reached despite the effort we made, especially I, who managed to get hasta una dirección de habitación y envié a un amigo mio que vive en la misma ciudad, pero fue inutil el esfuerzo pues no la encontramos. Otros, desafortunadamente ya tenían compromisos para la fecha escogida. Mostraron su pesar por no poder asistir, hasta nos pidieron que cambiáramos la fecha pero ya teniamos el salón reservado para ese día y cambiar la fecha era imposible, ya que el salón de fiestas tenía copadas las fechas por el resto del año. Al final confirmaron 35 personas. Y llegó el día. Esta última semana no descansamos, preocupados por que queriamos que todo estuviera listo y a punto. La hora de la reunión se había pautado para las 2 PM. Yo llegué alrededor de la 1:15 PM, para ayudar a Franklin con el arreglo del salón de fiestas. Carmen Zulay y Mirta tambien quedaron en venir temprano, pero Mirta tuvo que ir al aeropuerto y Carmen Zulay llegaría como a las 2PM. Silma llegó al mismo tiempo que Carmen Zulay y también Justo, y con el apoyo de los hijos de Franklin pusimos el salón a tono, con motivos propios de los años 60´s, 70´s. Pegamos en las paredes del salón carátulas de long plays de aquella época: Tom Jones, Engelbert Humperdinck, Hit Parade 67 y 68, Melodias Soul, Junior´s Discoteque, Connie Francis, Gary Puckett and The Union Gap, Jimmy Hendrix, The Rolling Stone, The Beatles, The Bee Gees, Dione Warwick, Week end Pop, The Tremeloes, Bobby Vinton, el logo de Paz and Love, etc.. Zulay Carmen and I took our cards from the Liceo 68-69. Franklin got a report card of 69. Some pictures of Silma, Leo Soto, Franklin, Fair, photos of high school graduation where it appears Dorelys Contreras. Alexis Rivera, from Miami, sent me a picture which also stick on the wall, with heartfelt words, where we were welcomed and apologized for not being able to attend an event like this.
Anyway, have fun and enjoy the re-encounter like never before. Of the girls attended
: Mirta, Carmen Zulay, Silma, Xiomara, Glenda, Sonia, the wife of Edgar, a friend of Leo Viloria, Excheto's wife, the daughter of Edgar Moros wife, Gladys, cuatro's partner, Mery Yolanda Mendez and Mama (my mother).
For boys: Franklin, Justo, Leo Soto, Leo Viloria, Edgar Moros, Luis Pernia, Joseph Gregory, the cuatro, chaguar Echeto, Filiberto, Nail, Cesar, Roger, Jesus Rodriguez, Leopoldo and Me.
A total of 31 people that we get a unique memento of this re-encounter.
Those who attended the event, thanks, really thank you very much for joining us and make us enjoy his company. Those who were not, and call and we will send you a souvenir of the meeting. And we want you to know that it took as its presence, the memories that we took would have been higher. Want
know we did at the party?
Bailamos, from music of the 60, s to Joropo.
sing to bagpipes, with the band of Edgar Moros.
We ate appetizers and we had enough.
drank moderately, There drinks until the end of the meeting. We
anecdotes.
laugh till you drop.
But above all, enjoy the friends we had so long without seeing. We just had the feeling it was too short a period of the meeting. People wanted to continue the party but the room was available until 12 midnight. Still, we extended until 1:15 AM the party. Mirta, Gladys, Carmen Zulay, Xiomara, my mom, Cesar, Just, Franklin and I were the last to leave the ballroom, as we had tables and chairs to collect and sort things a bit, taking out the garbage, and take what was left of liquor.
Now, wait for the next meeting as many proposals emerged to meet again.
THANKS GUYS AND TO THE NEXT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment